Monday, March 19, 2007

What's On My ipod


Waylon Payne, "The Drifter"
The music of "The Drifter" is anything but aimless. It's vignettes play like an unexpectedly gripping first indie film -- rough edges, raw nerves, emotional train wrecks and all, as in the wasted, enraged and obsessive “On and On.” In conversation, Waylon makes constant intuitive connections between a life lived and the music that comes out of it, attesting to the hard-won personal discoveries reflected in his album. Payne says, “My Aunt Yvonne and Uncle Bob raised me in Dallas, Texas, from the time I was about four months old, till I was 17 or 18. Every summer when I was out on tour with my Mama, was the only time we used to hang out. Music’s just always been there for me -- it was the only real thing that I remember. My mama’s record albums, Barbara Mandrell, Willie Nelson, Connie Smith, George Jones, and then there was the Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd.”

www.waylonpayne.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff , Chris, Thanks for the tip.