Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shut Up & Sing


I've got one thing to say, "I'm NOT ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from my home state of Texas". I was one of the first to buy their current release, "Taking the Long Way". It's somewhat of a departure, musically, for them - and I love it. We live in a FREE country. We all have freedom of speech - it's our right. Look what happened at the Grammy's. I champion the chicks even more now. I just viewed the new film "Shut Up & Sing" on DVD. It's an amazing piece. You will definitely cheer the girls on. All three are simple, family loving, amazing musicians who continue to live in Texas and just want to make music, their way. I for one will continue to listen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, too!!!!

kansasrose said...

amen...they rock!

carlene federer said...

The Chicks have total freedom of speech...as do the Americans who disagree with them, which is something the Chicks seem to have forgotten...
My only problem with the Chicks? They played at George Dubya's Inaugural Ball when he was elected governor of Texas...makes their later stand against him seem an EENSY bit hypocritical to me...

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

GO Dixie Chicks! I agree with you 100%!!!!! Debbie =)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Carlene and Lonestarscarlett. Also,
winning a bunch of Grammys doesn't mean that they are right in what they say and do. Yes, we ALL have freedom of speech and the Dixie Chicks have used their share. But, it is important to remember to use some plain old good manners.