Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quilts: Alabama Style


I was never a huge quilt fan until I discovered Alabama Chanin. The vintage, almost completely tattered materials and the multi-colored patches/red rose appliques that Natalie "Alabama" Chanin uses are very Urban Prairie. Each one of her quilts are one-of-a-kind and instant collector items. I love the faded colors and the randomness of the designs.



Another favorite - Fabric Mums. A project from Natalie's upcoming book, "Alabama Stitch", these flowers are made from 100% recycled cotton jersey with rusted wire stems. I think they look great in this large grouping.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Good eye, Chris! I fell in love with those quilts when I first saw them, as well.

Simply Me Art said...

Wow, I must admit I am Not a Quilt Lover but one of those on my Bed or on my Couch would be Wonderful.. Thanks for sharing.

Victoria said...

These flowers are georgeous - I'm sure they are more impressive in person.

V

Curious Sofa said...

This is the best thing about blogs. Being introduced to srtists and companies like this- otherwise I would have never known. Now I'm inspired to buy all those torn quilts I see when junkin. I looked through their entire website and loved her section on ironing. Thanks as always.