Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fancy Barbecue?

As mentioned, I am spending a lot of time in Austin lately. It has somewhat become the official "unofficial" meeting/hangout city for Refueled magazine and staff. Between meetings, scouting trips, photo shoots and collecting, we like good food and drink. One of my new favorite joints is Lamberts Barbecue.

Lamberts Downtown Barbecue is located in the historic Schneider Brothers Building, in the heart of the 2nd Street District in downtown Austin. Lamberts' open kitchen serves up modern Texan cuisine: all natural barbecue, wood grilled steaks, fresh seafood, family style sides, and homemade desserts. Two bars offer inventive cocktails, locally brewed beers on tap, premium tequilas, scotches, bourbons and live music upstairs six nights a week.

The decor has a industrial loft feel, but with lots of leather and wood. Modern lighting works well with the overall vibe of the building. Try the maple/coriander crusted country style pork ribs and smoked bacon braised collard greens - you won't be sorry.

3 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You know Austin is like a second home for me since my son lives there. Will definately have to check this place out. I love good BBQ!!

Lauri Evans said...

OH my that sounds so good. I love Austin, and can't get enough of it. I love Gueros. And all the different Margaritas!!! Lauri @ chippys

Anonymous said...

I gotta try this next time I'm there!