Friday, March 7, 2008

Changing the Perception of Country?


Q: Chris, I just read about your upcoming ezine REFUELED. I’ve been a fan of your style for quite a while. Can you tell me a little more about it? Thanks. Laura O’Brien

A: Simply put, my new online magazine REFUELED; Alt Country Style + Design debuting this Spring is a mix of modern country style with a alternative edge. I defined this style many years ago with my company Urban Prairie. My hope is to change the perception of country - much in the same way that Raygun magazine changed the face of music and design magazines in the 90’s. It’s a tall order, but it’s a area I felt was worth exploring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...I like the concept of your blog. For me, all the black makes your site difficult to read.

Anonymous said...

This is one project from you that I am really excited about. There is no magazine out there that covers the world of country decor from a alternative view. Bravo to you.

Jake

Katrina said...

i can't wait to see the zine. i think you're up for the tall order. and anyway, with so many of us applauding you on!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping the magazine will make it onto paper at some point. I know I'd buy it, or a book maybe?...looking forward to it on-line.